• google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminRiffle (Riffle Support, Riffle) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminRiffle (Riffle Support, Riffle) responded  · 

Hi Again,

About a month ago we pushed an update to Riffle so that your goodreads Reviews and your ‘Read’ and ‘Interested In’ lists can be imported to your Riffle profile.

There were some issues with large data files, but these have been resolved.

If you haven’t imported your goodreads .csv data into Riffle, please try it today.

1. Export your .csv data from goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/review/import/ by clicking the text near the upper right corner of the page that ways ‘export to a csv file’

2. Login to Riffle at read.rifflebooks.com
    3. Click on your profile image
    4. Click on the Settings tab in the middle of the page
    5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the Goodreads History Import
    6. Click ‘Choose File’ and select your goodreads .csv file that you exported in Step 1.

Happy Reading,

Team Riffle

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JenniferD commented  · 

Hello! If I reimport my CSV file from Goodreads, will it update information and replaces files, or will it just double things up? I would like to avoid duplicates, but I would also like to get information from GR that is not already here on my Riffle profile. Thanks! :)

• groundedGeek commented  · 

Invalid CSV... would love a fix to this. This is the best feature you guys have added... but it doesn't work :( Help me go FULL RIFFLE :)

• Alison Hume commented  · 

I get an error that says I've uploaded an invalid csv, too.

• Katie commented  · 

I would love to use this feature, but when I follow these directions, I get an error that say I've uploaded an invalid csv file. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

• dherald commented  · 

I'm excited that this is planned. I had 3453 books on Goodreads before they were taken over by Amazon. I saved an export file of them and would love to just be able to upload them to Riffle.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am on goodreads and this would be big help...

• Anonymous commented  · 

We ABSOLUTELY need to be able to import our books. My entire library is on Goodreads (used to be on Shelfari). If I can't import, I won't use Riffle - it's a waste of time to enter each book I've read manually. Will you be adding this feature? If not, let us know! We also need to be able to organize the books.

• Jenny Quach commented  · 

i was wondering about this and stumbled upon this suggestion. it's necessary.

• Judy commented  · 

BookBrowse is an excellent service and I'd like to import from my lists maintained there.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, with categories such as "to-read", "wishlist" etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base