I suggest you ...

Allow choice of book version

Often books have a few editions, especially classics. Allow user to choose the version they are reading / have read.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kate Minckler, Community Manager commented  · 

I think this is a great point and many people would like this feature. But in the meantime, don't forget you can input a book's ISBN into Riffle and this should pull up the specific edition (and cover) that you want :) ISBNs can be found on Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc.

• Jess P commented  · 

It would also be helpful to combine the reviews from the different editions. I just posted a review for the original cover edition of "The Host", which had no reviews, while the movie cover had one. When I wrote my review for the edition that I have, it did not populate the movie cover version. I feel like that severely fragments your users. It would be more helpful if those comments and reviews were consolidated under the general work, and users had a choice of edition to populate their lists.

• Judy commented  · 

I love to have an audio book going in my car at all times. I'd like recommendations for which books have particularly good narrators for audio as well as text versions.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am an Australian bookseller and I want my reading list(s) to be populated with Australian editions/cover images etc

Feedback and Knowledge Base