I suggest you ...

Allow people to log in with an email and unique password. I hate having to give access to my social media and all my contacts before I login

People who care about privacy do not like to give up all their contacts on social media just to log into a site. It doesn't matter that you say you won't post anything without permission. Thanks and good luck.

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael Giltz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminRiffle (Riffle Support, Riffle) responded  · 

Hello, Great news: Email-only login is available for Riffle! Visit read.rifflebooks.com and sign in with either your email and password OR click the SIGN UP button in the upper fight corner to create your account. Thank you all for your patience. Best, Marquina and Riffle Support

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MIchelle commented  · 

So... almost 5 months later and we are still waiting for one of the most popular upvoted suggestions while other piddily suggestions with only one vote were initiated long ago. Considering all the pissed off goodreads users looking for a new home at the moment, you would think leaving obstacles in the way of potential new users would be a bad thing. Oh look, booklikes came out of beta and they let me use an email login. See ya around, riffle! Maybe I'll be back...maybe I won't.

• Sheilah commented  · 

Count me in as one who can't/won't use Riffle until I can sign on with an email address.

• Lynn :O) commented  · 

I see that is is "planned", but not soon enough for me. I am in the process of deleting all my apps from fb. I don't think that I should have to pass out my or my friends info in order to access various sites, games or whatever. And so until I can log in separately I won't be able to get to my Riffle account any more. Hope to be back soon.

• MIchelle commented  · 

I would like to hear from Riffle on why this still hasn't been addressed.

• Lynn :O) commented  · 

I seriously debated whether to join this site, simply because I strongly dislike allowing apps or outside sites access to my fb. I'm still not convinced this is worth it unless I can log in separately. If I have to continue to go through fb I may indeed back out completely.

• scknitter commented  · 

I totally agree. Many of my friends are not on facebook and would not be able to use the site.

• Minion_Mayhem commented  · 

Michelle and KyleN have hit the nail on the head. I would much prefer something free standing and unrelated to FB, Google, or Twitter. I am hoping that it will be a priority with the development team.

• MIchelle commented  · 

This should be an immediate priority. It is not simply a feature improvement. It is a basic functionality issue that is preventing users from entering and using the site. Contrary to popular belief, not everybody in the world is, or wants to be, on facebook and/or twitter. Nor should users be forced to give up their security and privacy to those accounts in order to access a the site. It boggles my mind how shortsighted the developers were on this and I can't believe the beta testers didn't pick up on it. Even on this comment it lets me use my email instead of signing in with FB or Google, This is a complete showstopper for me and I'm very disappointed that I cannot get into the site after eagerly awaiting the launch.

• KyleN commented  · 

Agreed, I like to avoid Facebook at all cost and my Twitter has been inactive for a few years and doesn't represent me anyways. Limiting a service to people who use "X" site which isn't even representative of this sites contents seems unnecessary, though I suspect is most likely just temporary as it's probably an easy way to setup login credentials.

Feedback and Knowledge Base