I suggest you ...

Allow users to enter new books to help populate the database

There are several ideas around improving the database - let us do it! (Especially if we can import shelves from other sources.)

157 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jon Knight shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kim Killian commented  · 

Not sure how ARC's are treated but would love to add what I'm currently reading with reviews.

• Hollie Thompson commented  · 

Ran into this problem today while making a new list. Hopefully this feature gets added soon! It feels odd having to leave out a great book.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This can't come too soon to be honest as half the books I would to add/mention aren't on the site, which deters me from using it as often as I'd like

• Lynn :O) commented  · 

Yes, it's hard to spread the word about great books when they're not available to add to your profile.

• Lynn :O) commented  · 

I would love to be able to add books I can't find here. I understand the site is new and still has books to add but it would help if we could add our own somehow.

• scknitter commented  · 

If you don't want users to add books have a way for us to send you info for books that need to be added. I have only been playing around for 30 minutes and at least 3 of the first 30 books I was trying to add were not there. These were popular fiction published within the last 3 years.

• Matt commented  · 

Yes, as well as covers from earlier printings or editions.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree, but only approved members that have relevant expertise and experience (ie. librarians, booksellers)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Allow approved members only (booksellers, librarians, publishing house staff etc) to add/edit title records/upload cover images etc (ie. I was a 'Goodreads Librarian').

Feedback and Knowledge Base