I suggest you ...

Get More Books in your database!!

I'm trying to add science books to my list "She Blinded Me With Science", 100 books, and two of them so far (I've only gotten to add four) aren't in your database. I love the idea of this site (though Goodreads is much better- you need to be around a lot longer or get quicker on your feature set to even compare) but half the books I want aren't here. You also need: a mobile app that comes out on both iPhone and Android simultaneously. I am an Android enthusiast. We get shafted 90% of the time. It took Goodreads some time to make us an app. Don't be Goodreads. If you don't have a mobile app I am just not inclined to use the service. 2. Make an app for Android tablets and iPad at the same time. 3. Plugins and widgets for WordPress.org and Calibre. I hope you open up your API quickly so I can totally go without Goodreads. I am trying to promote you guys and get people on the site. I don't think a migration from Goodreads to Riffle proper is going to happen for most people until you decide to open up groups and author pages, etc. 4. Groups. I don't know if you JUST want to focus on book discovery and/or social but be clear about this early. I need to know if I still need GR.

I think that's it. Thanks for listening.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminRiffle (Riffle Support, Riffle) responded  · 

Hello, We recently updated our search algorithm. You should be able to find most titles. Please visit read.rifflebooks.com. If you continue to have difficulty, please email us the title and ISBN. Thank you for your patience as we continue to update our database and improve search.

In addition, we greatly appreciate your thoughtful comments about creating both iPhone and Android apps. This is definitely something we’d like to do, but not until our book database is complete and easy to search.

We are building out author-specific features right away. Please keep your comments coming as we strive to improve our system.

Best, Marquina and Riffle Support

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)