I suggest you ...

Include GLBT category in the Lists

GLBT is an important genre of literature for many avid book lovers and needs to be included. The GLBT groups in GoodReads are among the largest. Failure to include this genre will turn many potential users away.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    R.S. Erkert shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminRiffle (Riffle Support, Riffle) responded  · 

We are pleased to announce that we now have an LGBTQ list category on Riffle! Please head over to the site to check it out and let us know if you have any further thoughts or comments.

Best,
    Riffle Support

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cheri commented  · 

Hi, I read a large amount of lesbian fiction and noticed immediately that there was not LBGTQ category. Is this an oversight or intentional?

As the OP stated, I nearly didn't join when I first looked at Riffle because there was no LGBTQ category because I don't want to be somewhere where I'm not welcome.

I've just created a lesbian fiction list and was hit again by the lack of that category.

It looks like someone else brought this up three months after the OP and three years later, it's still missing. That sort of feels intentional...

• Andrea Lawlor commented  · 

I almost didn't join Riffle because this category is missing, and frankly, even though I did join, this absence has prevented me from caring about or actually using the site. I'm pretty much waiting for you to fix this serious (and kind of weird, in 2013) oversight. A caveat: I would recommend LGBTQ as a category name, but otherwise I completely agree with the original poster.

Feedback and Knowledge Base