I suggest you ...

It's not very good is it?

Adding books is a pain in the arse. Say I want to add Iain Banks... I use the search and enter Iain Banks and I get a popup list... I select one and work out I need to click the tick. Okay done. Another Iain Banks book? Type in the search box again - same list - including the book I've just read. Ad nauseam.

Okay - so I do that twelve times (I've read a lot of Iain Banks) and then I go to my books... but I don't see my books I see 'Recommended Books' where are my books? Oh - underneath... okay strange. And there's an Iain Banks book that wasn't in the search list... I rollover - and there's a popup so I can click read... nice. Hmm no page update. No Ajax here... Okay - I'll click the other two books in the recommended books as I've read them... still no update... okay then. I force a refresh by selecting [My Books] from the menu again. The same three books are in my recommended list... ah but they are now in my Read books section. I do a force reload again... same recommended list... of books I've read.

It's not very good is it?

Isn't the reason you enter books is to get recommendations? Isn't that the whole motivation for using Riffle? At least from a users point of view.

I don't think Riffle is read for prime time - not until it realises the central point of it all is to enter books super easily - and then provide a fast set of recommendations.

Then to keep giving recommendations. Reviews are all well and good but until it is easy to enter the books - what's the point?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)